- Using Aus Garage Sales. To use the Services, you must be over 18 years old. You agree that you will post appropriately and you agree that you will not do any of the following things:
- violate any laws or the Listing Rules;
- post any threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent material;
- be false or misleading;
- infringe any third-party right;
- distribute or send communications that contain spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Aus Garage Sales, the Services or the interests or property of Aus Garage Sales users;
- impose an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of the Services;
- copy, modify, or distribute any other person’s content without their consent;
- use any robot spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Services and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent; and/or
- bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to the Services.
- Global Marketplace. Some of the Service’s features may display your ad on other sites in the global marketplace, like on eBay or other classified and similarly aligned ecommerce sites. By using the Services, you agree that your ads can be displayed on these other sites. When you choose to post your ad to another site, you may be responsible for ensuring that it does not violate our other site policies. We may remove your ad if it is flagged on any of our sites, or if we believe it causes problems or violates any law or policy.
- Fees and Services. Using the Services is free for a limited time. This will be determined by how long we market our website and how long our free promotion will run. Once our free promotion has ended, we will charge a fee for features and Services. If the feature you use incurs a fee, you will be able to review and accept that charge before purchase. Our fees are quoted in Australian Dollars, and we may sometimes change them. We’ll notify you of changes to our fees by posting the changes on the site. We may sometimes temporarily change our fees for testing purposes, promotional events or new features, these changes take effect from the time the price change is posted to the site. Our fees are non-refundable after the feature is supplied, and you are responsible for paying them when they are due. If you don’t, we may limit your ability to use the Services. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using collection mechanisms, including third party debt collection services. Australian taxes associated with our Services will be collected where applicable. You agree to provide accurate information necessary for Aus Garage Sales to comply with our obligations under applicable law. You are solely responsible for collecting and remitting any applicable taxes resulting from the sale of your items or services listed on Aus Garage Sales’s Services.
- Content.Aus Garage Sales’ Services contain content from us, you, and other users. Aus Garage Sales is protected by copyright laws and international treaties. Content displayed on or via the Services is protected as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws and international conventions. You agree not to copy, distribute the Services or modify content from the Services, our trademarks or copyrights without our express written consent. You may not disassemble or decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any purposes any aspect of the Services (other than your own content). When you give us content, including pictures, you grant us and represent that you have the right to grant us, a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise any and all copyright, publicity, trademarks, design, database and intellectual property rights to that content, in any media whether now known or to be discovered in the future, including third party sites and applications. You also waive all moral rights you have in the content to the fullest extent permitted by law. We reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms or the rights of any other party.
- Third Party services on Aus Garage Sales. You may use payment gateway’s such as Stripe and PayPal for some financial transactions on our Services. When you link your PayPal account to your Account, you can use your PayPal account to pay or be paid for items by buyers or sellers while using Aus Garage Sales’ Services. You acknowledge and agree that by utilising any third party services through our Services (such as PayPal or Stripe), you are bound by the terms and conditions of that third party and we are not liable for any loss, claims or damages howsoever arising in connection with that third party’s services.If you to link your PayPal account to your Account you appoint Aus Garage Sales as your limited agent to:a. provide to PayPal your name, address, payment amount, item details, item category, and all other information required by PayPal to enable PayPal to process payments to or from your PayPal account; and
b. receive payment confirmation and decline notices from PayPal in respect of your PayPal payment transactions.
When you link your PayPal account to your Account, we accept our appointment as your limited agent to undertake those activities specified in the paragraph above. Our appointment as your agent to undertake these activities terminates immediately upon your Account ceasing to be linked to your PayPal account.
If you have a dispute with PayPal or a seller/lister, that does not arise directly as a result of an error by Aus Garage Sales, in respect of any payment transacted (or failed to be transacted) on your PayPal Account, you release us and our affiliates (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees and those of our affiliates) from any and all claims demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known or unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
Aus Garage Sales is not able to access your complete financial details from PayPal or your PayPal account. PayPal’s terms and conditions apply to your use of PayPal when you access PayPal’s services from our Services, and you must agree to PayPal’s terms and conditions in order to use the PayPal’s services. You acknowledge and agree that, to the extent permitted by law, we are not liable to you for any loss or damage you incur arising from your use of the PayPal method, unless such loss or damage was as a direct result of Aus Garage Sales’ error, in which case our liability is limited in accordance with clause 11.
- Legal and Financial Advice. You acknowledge and agree that you have the opportunity to obtain independent legal and financial advice from appropriately qualified professional advisers and that you take into account your personal objectives, financial situation and needs before buying or selling an item via our Services.You acknowledge and agree that the information provided by Aus Garage Sales in relation to using PayPal’s services is factual in nature only and Aus Garage Sales has not provided a recommendation or statement of opinion intended to influence your decision on whether or not to use PayPal’s services and that you cannot rely on any of Aus Garage Sales’ advertising materials, terms, instructions or policies as a recommendation, statement of opinion or financial product advice.
- Indemnification. You will indemnify and hold harmless Aus Garage Sales and our affiliates and our and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees (each an “Indemnified Party”), from any claim made by any third party, together with any amounts payable to the third party whether in settlement or as may otherwise be awarded, and reasonable legal costs incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties, arising from or relating to your use of the Services, any alleged violation by you of the applicable terms, and any alleged violation by you of any applicable law or regulation. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, but doing so will not excuse your indemnity obligations.
- Release. If you have a dispute with one or more Aus Garage Sales users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known or unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
We may update this agreement at any time, with updates taking effect when you next use the site or after 30 days, whichever is sooner. No other amendment to this agreement will be effective unless made in writing, signed by you and by us.